Rius hotel: top places in walking access
Lviv is a fabulous city that combines centuries-old history and distinctive culture. A variety of architectural styles, cozy colorful coffee houses and unique open-air museums - all this enchants and creates a pleasant atmosphere for relaxation. Arriving here, you can plunge into the times of Medieval life.
Choosing a hotel in Lviv
The hotel complex Rius is located in the central part of the old town. Ideal for a vacation, weekend or business meeting. Guests can visit a restaurant with an open kitchen, a fitness room, hold a business meeting in one of the conference rooms. In addition to its comfortable accommodation, the hotel is surrounded by cultural values. Let's consider the most popular attractions that are located within walking distance from the hotel.
Top-6 places of interest near Rius hotel
- Lviv Opera House is an architectural icon of the city. The construction of the magnificent structure lasted from 1897 to 1900. Located on Svobody Avenue, not far from a beautiful fountain. The facade of the building is decorated with: sculptural figures, niches, columns, balustrades. The interior is no less beautiful: decorative painting, colored marble, a mirrored hall and a massive chandelier made of precious stones.
- A. Sheptytsky Museum. It hold an impressive collection of Ukrainian art exhibits. The attention of connoisseurs will deserve such antiquities as: icons of the 15-17 centuries, paintings by popular Ukrainian artists, ceramics, manuscripts, manuscripts.
- Museum of Ethnography and Arts and Crafts. The building previously housed the Galician credit office. Samples of porcelain, ceramic and earthenware works of art are presented here. You can also see examples of antique watches from the 16th-20th centuries.
- House of Scientists. Until the end of the 30s of the 20th century, the building housed a noble casino. A sumptuous neo-baroque space adorns the grand hall, which is illuminated by natural light through a hole in the roof. Great place for photo shoots and excursions.
- Latin Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. The interior of the cathedral is magnificent: painted stained glass windows, chapels with frescoes, a marble altar with sculptures of Saints Peter and Paul. The only church in the city built in the Gothic style.
- Italian courtyard. A breathtaking and romantic corner tucked away in the patio of the palace of Kornyakto, a Greek wine merchant. In the 80th year of the 16th century, the Polish king for his good service allowed to build a castle with 6 windows which in those years was not allowed to everyone.